Green Leaf Wood and Rice Paper Necklace
This leaf necklace is lightweight and adorably delicate! It is perfect for flaunting your love for nature and simplicity.
- The leaf base piece is hand cut and shaped from 1/8th inch birch plywood.
- The leaf design is hand drawn on rice paper with alcohol inks and black pen, and is secured to the wood base piece.
- The necklace is made from hemp string and measures 16 inches around. (The hemp string may acquire folds during shipment, but if you moisten the string and lay it flat the necklace will return to its appropriate shape.)The back of the leaf is stained black and each side is sealed with a satin finish clear coat for water resistance.
I take great care when crafting my work for durability. I want my pieces to be delicate, yet strong enough for normal wear and tear. Please follow the care instructions below to maintain the integrity of your jewelry.
1. Do not wear your pieces in the shower or while swimming. Each piece is sealed with a light waterproof barrier and can withstand small amounts of water from hand washing or getting caught in the rain, but prolonged exposure to water can degrade the piece. If your piece does get wet, gently pat it down with a dry cloth or let air dry.
2. When you are not wearing your new pieces, avoid placing in a handbag or similar receptacle without some type of carry case or padding. Although sealed with a hard coat, some designs may be warped or punctured if buried beneath multiple items when carried around.